Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday: JUMP

Five Minute Friday

JUMP!  I'm on a diving board high above the deep end of the swimming pool.  It's scary...I've never dived in from the board before.  But I do love having that weightless feeling when i'm floating in the pool.  So maybe i'll be okay if I take a deep breath and just fall in.

I did it!  I was somewhere in my mid-30s and for the first time I trusted in my own ability to deal with being in deep water.  My feet touched the bottom and then I began to rise back to the top.  It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed floating back up with no fear to ruin the experience.

I'm grown up and I can jump into anything I choose.  Now at 60 years of age and closer to the end than the beginning, without hesitation I can say, I would never go back to childhood.  I like the freedom and the floating of being old.

No comments: