Friday, June 7, 2013

Five Minute Friday - FALL

DON'T fall - that's what I think every time I go up and down the stairs.  In March of '09 I tripped and fell in the living room, just days after closing on a house with stairs.  As I rushed around packing to move, my sandal caught on a rug and BOOM!  I fell full length and felt a horrible burning pain in my knees. 

For several years I had trouble walking and put on about 50 pounds.  That didn't help!  These days it has become easier to walk, with the help of a lot of glucosamine and chondroitin and other supplements.

But the fear of falling and losing my freedom never leaves me.  I'm always aware and making sure of my balance before I take a step out of the car or off of a curb.  So that just chips away at self-confidence.  Even though I don't walk fast, I'm flying towards my elderly years.

Five Minute Friday

No comments: